There was some significant ideas that stood out throughout this semester:
- It is beneficial to be digital residents, but you have to be educated on how to use it responsibly and proactively.
- Our class is composed of a great diversity of educators that provide refreshing perspectives on many topics.
- Being critical and skeptical are integral parts of life online and offline.
- While we can educate students who belong to a particular generation, we have to be aware of the role of parents and everyone else in society who possess different worldviews and perspectives than what the students are educated on. Everyone needs education.
- Literacy is what all teachers are trying to accomplish regardless of whether or not it is digital, media, or scientific literacy.
Thanks for a great semester everyone!
– Logan Petlak
My summary of learning video:
|Live critical lives,
In Digital reality.
Connected not alone
Online’s another part of me.
We’re learning bout literacy
Old Facebook Logan, he was embarrassing
Because he didn’t ask, didn’t know.
Should I share? Should I post?
For science teachers though, maybe I will make policy
Students, deconstruct this “fact”
Dig-Citizenship is what I want
It’s culturally significant.
Social, media and us are one.
But what about parents not in class todayyyy?
All of us, ooo
Can we all be digitally-wise?
To be digital residents for all tomorrows
Literallyyy everything, we consume matters.Oh hey, Ribble’s nine elements (“munts”)
Digital literacy emphasized?
Sharing anything seems like a crime.
Why didn’t anybody, fact-check this post?
Check your personal bias to find the truth.
Students, in my classroom (critically assess all news posts)
To truly live online
I’d be skeptical of everything I saw!
I made a comment on a post made by a man
WON’T SCROLL PAST THIS POST (PAST THIS POST)
Teach responsible use in your teaching time!
Be proactive rather than reactive online
Educate about, educate for all of these things.
Fellow EdTech classers
All we’re really after, all we’re ever after is literacy. (Thank you Alec Couros).
Another great video logan and I must admit you are so creative. It was a great semester and collaborating with you made it even more interesting. Thank you for all those thought-provoking posts and awesome discussions. I look forward working with you again.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Sapna! Have a great spring! Hope to learn with you in the future too!
So great! I loved this. You did a great job of summarizing the learning in such an entertaining way! I think your cats need an agent!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ll have to start an Instagram account for them.