How to use this site and its resources:
- Feel free to access and utilize any of the resources found on the pages that are a part of the menu above (click on the subject of choice, and click on the links to follow or download).
If you would like to contact me for information around the delivery of the content or are curious about my assessment practices for these subjects, send me an email and I’d be happy to support you and your learners!
Note: some links and PowerPoint content are not cited as well as it should be so these are a work in progress and much of the content is dated.
- Read, comment, and share some of my blog posts! Some of them are pretty early reflections from the beginning of my career and serve as a progression of my growth as an educator – some of the views and ideas I’ve expressed in them I have since refined.
I am Logan Petlak (pronouns: he/him)! I’m an educator born, raised, and teaching on Treaty 4 territory in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. I am privileged to have a loving family that includes my spouse, Kristin, children, Kohen & Kesler, and our four cats, Indie, Bitsy, Lily, and Jericho (Rico). I enjoy gaming (board games, video games) and being physically active which includes weight training and playing football & hockey.
I currently am an educator with Prairie South Schools at Pathways School and previously have worked as a learning consultant, student support teacher and as a classroom teacher (in-person and virtually) with experience teaching:
- High school sciences (including health science, environmental science, biology and AP® Biology),
- Health, leadership and gender & sexual diversity,
- English as an additional language,
- Middle years math and science through virtual school and;
- Technology courses including game design and video production & animation.
I went to the University of Regina for my Bachelor of Secondary Education (B.Ed), specializing in health and biology, completing that in 2013. In 2018, I completed my Master’s of Education in Curriculum & Instruction (M.Ed) at the University of Regina with a majority of my course work focusing on educational technology. As of 2020, I am in the mentored PhD program at the University of Regina further exploring my passions related to digital and scientific literacy with hopes to complete a doctorate soon.
My passions in education have evolved throughout my career with health, science, and technology being the primary focuses, however interests in mental health, leadership, inclusion, curriculum, instruction, and assessment have grown from this as well. I am a firm believer in every individual being capable of learning and growing throughout their lives and that I have a responsibility to collaborate with others to create a supportive and versatile environment that allows for safety, inclusivity and risk-taking that makes that learning possible for everyone. This is guided by my desire to connect with others and continuously evaluate evidence to achieve this as best as possible. If you know me, you know I try to consistently bring optimism, enthusiasm, and humour to our interactions; so connect with me so we can learn more together!
– Logan Petlak
Certifications (updates to this in progress)
- Certified Go To Educator Core Trainer from Mental Health Literacy (March 2020)
- Mental Health First Aid Training (November 2021)
- ASIST Training (November 2021)
- Be There Certificate (To Complete by April 2022)
Indigenous and Treaty Education
- Teaching Treaties in the Classroom – Phase 1 (Winter 2013 and May 2021)
- Reconciliation Education – 4 Seasons of Reconciliation (August 2021)
- First Steps as an Indigenous Ally Training (March 2022)
Curriculum Writing (Locally Developed for Prairie South)
- Leadership 10L
- Personal Fitness 10L
Pingback: Defining what exactly #EdTech is. | Logan Petlak
Pingback: AR/VR= NEGATIVE? maybe – EC&I 833
Pingback: Closing the distance between distance education. | Logan Petlak
Pingback: (re)Creating a virtual educator. | Logan Petlak
Sharon Cole said:
Is there any chance that you provide tutoring services? My grand daughter is in desperate need of help.
Hi Sharon, sorry I am very late in responding to this comment. Unfortunately, I do not. I have a lot on the go personally/professionally – but send me an email and maybe I can direct you to tutoring services I am familiar with!
thanks for replying, but this was months ago. I was recommended to a wonderful retired teacher on south hill. We were very lucky.